When it comes to a product that claims to boost my productivity I’ve always tried it. I am not joking.
Given that I am managing more than 15 blogs and the associated promotion, the content creation and other stuff will make me go crazy if I don’t have a “system” in place.
But when you have too much in your plate and when you have only 24 hours in a day things can go overboard!
And even in the “organizing” part, I had some flaws.
I started using multiple tools; my to-do lists got scattered all over the place. I tried web-based apps, desktop tools, cloud-based tools and many more.
And if you’re a person who spends a fair amount of time online, there are so-called distractions that come in the way and side track you, make you unproductive and make you forget what you need to be actually working on. So here’s the task management software I found!
Introducing Swift To-Do List
Swift To-Do list (aff link) is a “complete” piece of to-do list management/productivity software that lets you put the bits and pieces of your personal and business life in an orderly fashion, in one place, so that you can stay in peace, really.
Now I have all my to-do lists – business and personal – on Swift to-do list. Let me discuss some of the cool features of this tool.
Sub to-do lists and sub-tasks
This is one of the coolest things I love about Swift to-do list. I can have two major lists, say Business and Personal and then have as many sub to-do lists within the major lists.
This tree can go to any level! That is, I can add any number of sub to-do lists and sub-sub- to-do lists. This is an analogy of maintaining folders within folders and get super organized.
And here’s another cool thing. I create a task and then I can create one or more sub-tasks to it. I love this because I can put up a big task and then split it into chunks – the bite sized chunks – and then each chunk or the individual step that needs to get the bigger/major task completed.
I’m sure you’d know the importance of splitting any task into bite-sized chunks to actually get it done! This software rocks in that particular aspect.
The first and the foremost thing I look for in a time management software is the availability and efficiency of a reminder. If a to-do list tool or a time management tool doesn’t have a reminder feature, it is crap (believe me there are so many tools out there that don’t have this crucial feature).
See, you and me are just human beings. It is not enough to have our tasks listed in one place but also to be reminded about the task at the right time.
Swift to-do list does a great job with that. The reminders are not “just” popups but are far more than that!
This is a cool option which helps you track. You can either use the in-built timers or you can simply start tracking your time and start doing a task. This will help you to track how much time you actually spent on a particular task which is really cool.
On the tasks list, I can see how much time I’ve spent so far on an incomplete task or totally on a completed task. I can pause the timer in between and start it again if I have to take a break. The timer is a small one, not on your face and can sit at the corner of a screen.
Other features at a glance
I can talk all day about the features of this tool. Let me cut short it for you -
1. You can easily create recurring tasks! The picture tells you the choices available
2. You can add or edit tasks at once (in batch).
3. Facility to email tasks to either yourself or your team members.
4. You can easily filter out which tasks you can see on your screen. For example, you can filter out the completed tasks and can only view tasks that are to be done.
5. You can set priorities and choose custom colors for your priority labels.
- Ability to show/hide columns as needed
- Ability to add multiple tasks at once
- Ability to edit multiple tasks at once
- More powerful printing & export
- Archive for deleted tasks (you can restore your already deleted tasks!)
- View modes (view all tasks at once, tree branch, etc)
- Full and customizable print and export
- Ability to print or export a single task or task selection
- “Clean Tasks” feature
- Database encryption
- Notes formatting, including bold, italic, underline, bullets, images, more
- Notes DOCX/HTML/RTF/ODT import and export, as well as PDF export
- Tree numbers counting tasks in each to-do list
- Ability to email tasks
- Online sync features (in Beta)
- Mobile web-apps (in Beta)
- Email reminders and recurrence notifications
- Ability to rename columns
- Task attachments (embedded attachments supported)
- Ability to attach emails to tasks (from Outlook and other email programs)
Take Swift To-Do List for a test drive
Yes, pricing of a product matters a lot, right? Swift to-do list is available for download at various price levels starting from just $44 for Swift To-Do List Standard to $199 for Swift To-Do List Ultimate Pack (1-user-3-PC).
There are various ranges in-between. However before you even spend a single penny you can test drive the software for 30 days – no catch; you can choose which level you want to try – Standard, Professional or Ultimate – during your trial!
So go ahead and try Swift to-do list at no cost.
PS: Swift to-do list, along with Swift Mind Freedom will take your productivity to a new level.