This post is part of the Blogging Tips 101 Contest.
Finding more blog content ideas can be very challenging sometimes.
Especially when you’re a newbie online.
It’s very stressful to have a blogging schedule in place but when the time for writing comes you desperately look for something interesting on Google.
It’s not a great position to be in at all. However, is even worse to say: “I don’t know that to write about”.
Just a big fat lie that hides a lack mindset.
Thus, I decided to create a detailed post that you can bookmark and visit often without wasting precious time and energy on surfing randomly.
You don’t have use all these sources.
Once you find few that resonate with your passions and also with the needs of your target market stick with them.
40 sources of blog content ideas
1. Your target market- this should be the most relevant source of blog content ideas. Who are the people you serve? What are their needs, frustrations or goals?
Ask them. Find the answers and turn them into useful content.
2. Create and grow your own Facebook group- encourage the conversation and keep adding people. You will be amazed by the variety of ideas you can receive from their questions or posts.
3. Facebook News Feed- see what your friends are talking about. Be an observer. What they enjoy the most? What are their questions? Start from here.
Quick tip: set your News Feed on “Highlighted Stories First” to receive only the most popular/engaging updates.
4. Facebook Pages- your own, your friends pages or even better, the pages of various leaders/top marketers because these are visited by thousands of people.
5. Syndication Tribes (like Tribe Pro, Triberr and TSA Mastery) or Facebook Tribes – People syndicate here information very often A perfect place to find blog content ideas.
6. Facebook Syndication Groups- Private or open , these are created for small groups of entrepreneurs who share each other’s content.
7. Facebook Groups – often visit few good groups from your niche where people post quality content and spamming is not allowed.
8. Your passions-What excites you the most? What pumps tons of joy in your heart? Use that as an inspiration.
When you combine your passions with your business or even better you make a business from them it’s impossible not to have many things to share .
9. Your readers
Ask questions at the end of each post you write. Use their answers/needs as a starting point for new pieces of content.
10. Other blogs from your niche
If you want to be creative and productive, read. A lot.
Visit new blogs daily and connect with their owners. Double shot: relationships+ blog content ideas.
11. Blog comments
Always take the time to read the comments from your blog and other as well . Take advantage of those “gold nuggets”.
12. Your list-Ask questions in your emails. Get on the phone/skype. Listen to your prospects carefully and new suggestions will show up.
13. Keep a journal where you jot down every new idea you have or get. Come back to it often.
14.Use a voice recorder/phone to store your ideas when a journal is not available.
15. Twitter-either you use it directly or you manage it with a tool such as Hootsuite or Tweet Deck, pay attention to the questions people ask and the most popular posts.
16. The content already shared on Twitter- take a look at your most popular tweets/retweets , do a more detailed research about those topics and write new posts based on them.
17. Your email newsletter-review the emails with the highest click-through rate. This is content that matters for your subscribers. Take advantage of it.
18. Stumble Upon- use the “Discover” option to find new interests, stumblers or channels related to your blog.
19. Use a free keyword research tool such as Google Keyword Tool External. Find low competition keywords that work for your niche and turn them into new posts.
20. Youtube and other popular video sharing websites such as Google Video, Metacafe, Daily Motion etc.
21. Pick up the top bloggers from your niche and subscribe to their RSS feed to get fresh updates.
22. Choose the leaders you admire and want to model. Get on their mailing lists and use their emails as an inspiration.
23. Google Reader-You have multiple options available with it: “Browse for stuff” ,”Stuff Picks”, adding keywords with “Search and Browse”, adding manually a blog url with “Add subscription” option or you can directly subscribe to a RSS feed using the button displayed on the blogs you like.
24. Use Google Blogs to find new blogs from your niche with quality content.
25. Blog Directories: Technorati, BlogCatalog, BlogRama, BlogFlux and so on.
26. Linked In: join groups related to your field. In order to find more quality ideas choose the ones with a large number or members and active discussions.
27. Linked In Answers- you can ask questions about the problems you/your audience have and turn them into new posts. Secondly, make use of “Advanced Answers Search” to find out if others already answered to your question
28. Forums- popular forums such as Warrior Forum, Sphinn, High Rankings ,Digital Point or Better Networker( for the home based business zone), have tons of active discussions and questions & answers sections about everything.
29.Yahoo Answers- another source of good info. You can either see what questions have already answers and use it in your posts or you can ask new ones.
30. Audio Books/ Webinars/ Interviews/books/quotes- When your inspiration is gone a book on marketing/personal developement, an interview with a leader from your niche or few simple inspirational quotes are just what you need to create a new post.
32.Mastermind Groups- surround yourself with people who have similar blogging/business goals as yours. When more minds work together, you will never run out of topics to write about.
33. Brainstorm each morning 20 new ideas- a simple method from Brian Tracy but very effective. Just take a piece of paper, write the main topic you want to talk about.
Write until you get 20 ideas, then pick up the best one and implement it right away.
34. Your own experiences- you are an unlimited source of ideas.
Use your experiences-successes and failures- to make your posts more personal, share the lessons learned and create a better relationship with your readership. A story here and there or analogies will make things even more interesting.
35. Create Google Alerts- Let the content ideas come to you. Set up new Google Alerts using keywords from your niche, choose a frequency and you will have fresh content in your inbox regularly.
37. Article Marketing Directories- I would suggest to go only through the top directories such as Ezine Articles, Go Articles, Ehow, Squidoo, Hub Pages or Articles Base. They have plenty of information.
One quick option: you can subscribe for the Free Ezine Articles Newsletter and they will send you a lot of good information via email.
It’s a free software able to help you discover a lot of new blog content ideas simply by using your keywords. The software will come up with suggestions from multiple search engines, blogs, Digg, Flickr, Picassa, Amazon, Ebay, Last.fm, Google maps etc.
39. Make a list with your favorite blogs- pick up the blog posts you enjoy the most and make a list with the links and a short description for each one. Example: Top 10 internet marketing blogs to read in 2012.
40. Guest posting
Finally, if you don’t have enough time to write or do a research, a good option is to invite few friends from the same niche to do a guest post on your blog. Thus, you help them expand their presence while keeping your readers happy.
As you can see there are countless sources of blog content ideas on the internet. Swimming through this “ocean” of information without a clear direction will drive you mad. Therefore, it’s more effective to be very selective with what you choose for your blog post writing.
These are the sources I used and still use the most since I’m online.
How about you? Where do you find more blog content ideas?
What did I miss?
I’d love to hear your feeback, ideas and suggestions. Let’s meet in the comments area and talk more!
Image Credits: FreeDigitalPhotos.net-winnond
This post is part of the Blogging Tips 101 Contest. Please help Radu win the contest by promoting the post and leaving comments that generate discussion. If you want to become a participant, check out the contest page for more information.
Radu Dascalul is a romanian entrepreneur passionate about blogging, social media, transformation and network marketing. On his blog he offers creative solutions and tips to make your home based business prosper.